Thursday, May 11, 2006

Little Pete back from the dead

Around 10 weeks ago i made my first grafts, one L.Williamsii and one T.Bridgesii (both on Pereskiopsis). Unfortunately I have been busy doing other stuff, like moving to a new apartment etc. I entirely forgot the grafts and left them in a dark spot.

The Bridgesii one was half failure. The graft grew very slowly, an indication that I didnt get the vascular ring alignment correct (a common mistake, there are some luck involved in this). The lopho, on the other hand, had imploded to a tiny brown something that didnt resemble anything living at all. Anyways, I placed it on a sunny spot.. and 3-4 days ago, I could actually see something happen. Amazingly, its alive! I can now see growth every day. In a week or two i will maybe know if it will grow fast like it should do.

No comments: